If you own a beautiful cedar staircase, here’s how to make sure it will last for many years.
● Protect the Surface: Consider laying a runner rug down the length of the staircase to protect the wood from scuff marks, especially on the vertical rises where people often bump their feet.
● Be Mindful: Consider removing your shoes while using the stairs, and be especially careful when carrying liquids.
● Spot Treat: Cedar is naturally resistant to rot and warping, but don’t put it to the test. Clean up and dry spills right away.
● Protect: Don’t let raw, unfinished cedar go to waste. Protect it with a water or oil-based polyurethane finish. Contact a hardwood care professional for regular refinishing.
● Clean Appropriately: Clean your stairs regularly with a nice hardwood polish, but don’t overdo it. Don’t leave your stairs wet or slippery. Use a soft microfiber cloth or broom on dust.
● Repair: If flaws like scratches, stains, or dents appear, or if you’re unhappy with the appearance of the wood, call Vintage Flooring Company.
For any and all further advice on caring for your cedar staircase, contact The Hardwood Flooring Company. We’re the best hardwood specialists in Toronto, Ontario, specializing in hardwood floor installation, and now we carried staircase products and so much more. We understand the timeless beauty and versatile look of great hardwood, and that’s why we put the most effort possible into every job. In fact, we’re not satisfied until you’re satisfied with how your hardwood flooring looks. Call us today to get an estimate for our services and schedule your appointment. You’ll find out why we have been leaving customers happy with our services for over 40 years.
Looking for high quality new flooring
Please see our many flooring options and discounts that we currently have going one.
If you are considering hardwood floor, give maple a good look. It could be one of the best investments you may go for.
Also see our new website with floors we have on clearance.