Flooring today exists in so many colours, you most certainly won’t have any trouble finding a tone to match your tastes. Sure you can choose your favourite colour bubble gum pink but there are a few guidelines you should take into account before proceeding with making such a dramatic colour choice.
Luckily you have come to the right place. Below you will find a few tips and tricks to ensuring the beauty of your home for decades to come.
Colours compliment each other. No they don’t tell each other that they look good in those jeans or are having a nice hair day. Certain colours go well with others and others clash completely. For example you are not going to put down extremely dark floors if all your furniture is dark and your walls are pink. It just won’t work.
- When choosing colour take into account the size of the room, the colour of the furniture, the walls and the decor.
- Avoid using dark coloured floors in small rooms. Dark colour tend to make a room feel smaller.
- If the room has a low ceiling always opt for lighter coloured floors.
- If you have kids or pets go with lighter toned floors. They hid dirt, dust, and scratches far better than dark floors.
- NEVER MATCH THE COLOUR OF THE FLOORS WITH THE COLOUR OF THE FURNITURE. Things can get a little boring very fast.
- If you live in a loft, are young, and never want children then you want the modern look. GO DARK.
- Brown & Grey Tones are excellent for large spaces like an office. They add loads of character and it can act as a central part of the decor.
- Take advantage of flooring samples. Bring them home, place then next to furniture, walls, decor and see what works best.
Learning to look at flooring as an essential part of the overall decor is important as it will help you in getting your decision right. Hardwood flooring has become more than just something to walk on. Remember these tips when choosing your hardwood floors and you will be guaranteed to love your floors for years to come.
Please come and visit us, we look forward to helping you.
Please see the many flooring options and discounts that they currently have going on.
Make sure to check out our hardwood flooring liquidation area within our main showroom.